1872
The two-nave church blessed
In 1872 the finished Holy Family Church was blessed — by Bishop Canoz, the parish's own history records. The district gazetteer sets the building down plainly: "two converging naves which meet in a common chancel." Auguste Jean called the plan an open compass: two naves splayed apart at their doors, drawing nearer, meeting at one shared sanctuary. The parish's history adds two octagonal towers of ninety-two feet, and vaults painted with dyes drawn from plants and trees.
Shown in part. The rest of this page is not reproduced here.
What this source establishes
The single best external anchor on the whole site: a British government gazetteer recording that "the present handsome church… was completed in 1872", and describing the plan as "two converging naves which meet in a common chancel". No parish source is needed for either.